AMS developed the Alpha Performance Porsche 997.1TT Intercooler System to provide you the best air induction cooling upgrade for your Porsche 997.1TT. Before bringing this intercooler to market, our goal was set to provide a system that sacrificed nothing in terms of quality, fitment, aesthetic design and performance.
The Alpha 997 Intercooler System utilizes a pair of 5.5” thick, high volume cores giving you the most power producing upgrade on the market. Each core provides optimum fin density for unmatched cooling.
Computer aided design yields maximum results
Our engineering team designed the Alpha 997 Intercooler end tanks with extremely smooth features and geometry for the best flow resulting in maximum horsepower. Designed using Solidworks 3D CAD software, these end tanks have improved flow over boxy sheet metal end tanks found on other intercoolers.
Cooler Intake Charge Boosts Power And Response
Channeling cool air to the intercoolers is vital for optimum performance of any intercooler. Some manufacturers choose to remove the factory intercooler inlets in order to cut costs. This greatly reduces the effectiveness of ANY intercooler whether it’s larger or not. Others require that you cut up and tape the factory shrouding to the intercooler core in an attempt to seal the shroud to the intercooler core. While this is better than removing the shroud, it is still not the most effective way to boost performance.
The Alpha 997 Intercooler System retains full use of the stock intercooler inlets (located in front of each rear wheel) forcing cool air into our larger, carbon fiber shrouds. Not only is this option more aesthetically pleasing, each rigid, OEM-quality, carbon fiber piece is made to seamlessly mate to that Alpha Intercoolers feeding them cooler ambient air more efficiently than the other two alternatives. Not to mention eliminating the removal or destruction of your intercooler ducting.
Maximum Airflow For Maximum Horsepower And Torque
Another key component to the intercooler system is our computer designed intercooler piping. This features a cast aluminum y-pipe offering 40% more flow. The larger 2.5” diameter is significantly wider than stock (1.79”) and is black powder coated to provide lasting durability. The Y pipe is cast, conforming to the tight surroundings of the engine bay and the inner walls of the pipe promote the flow of charged air to the intake with minimal amounts of turbulence.
To further improve airflow, our engineering team went a step further by computer designing precisely molded, custom silicone couplers. These provide perfect fitment and optimized geometry for improved airflow volume and velocity providing with unmatched power and response helping you stay ahead of your competition!
- Largest intercoolers on the marketCAD design achieves perfect fitment and provides the most potential for power
- Offers smooth cast end tank design to reduce turbulence
- Offers optimum fin density for improved cooling
- Carbon fiber intercooler shrouds form a tight seal to maximize cooling efficiency
- Large cast aluminum Y-Pipe and 4-ply silicone couplers to handle more volume and increased boost pressure
- A simple installation without having to perform unsightly modifications
- High quality materials to last the lifetime of your 997TT
- Provides a factory fit & finish unmatched in the industry
- 5.5” thick Alpha Intercoolers w/ cast end tanks
- Carbon Fiber Intercooler Shrouds
- High volume cast aluminum Y-Pipe w/ AMS logo
- 4-ply Silicone Couplers
- High quality Stainless Steel Hose Clamps
- All necessary fastening hardware