AMS developed the Alpha Performance Porsche 997.2 Turbo Intercooler System to provide you the best air induction cooling upgrade for your Porsche 997.2TT. Before bringing this intercooler system to market, our goal was set to provide an intercooler system that sacrificed nothing in terms of quality, fitment, aesthetic design and performance.
Computer Aided Design Yields Maximum Results
Our engineering team designed the Alpha 997 intercooler end tanks with extremely smooth features and geometry for the best flow resulting in maximum horsepower. Designed using Solidworks 3D CAD software, these end tanks have improved flow over boxy sheet metal end tanks found on other intercoolers.
The Alpha 997 Intercooler System retains full use of the stock intercooler inlets (located in front of each rear wheel) forcing cool air into our larger, carbon fiber shrouds. Not only is this option more aesthetically pleasing, each rigid OEM-quality carbon fiber piece is made to seamlessly mate to the Alpha Intercoolers, feeding them cooler ambient air more efficiently than other alternatives. Not to mention eliminating the removal or destruction of your intercooler ducting.
The graph above illustrates the Porsche 997.2 Turbo’s intake air temps (IAT’s) with stock and Alpha Intercoolers. The car made four consecutive 4th gear pulls and a 5th gear pull at the end. On the stock intercooler run, the car closed the throttle bodies and shut the run down on the 5th gear pull because the ECU detected temps were too high.
Note the cool down time between pulls was shorter with the Alpha Intercoolers vs the stock intercooler test, yet the Alpha Intercooler’s maintained lower IAT’s throughout. This test was done back to back the same day,same dyno and in the exact same conditions with two dyno fans blowing directly into the intercooler inlets. On the street, cooling efficiency will be increased due to an increase in airflow/velocity reaching the intercoolers. For a high-res graph click the More Images tab.
Maximum Airflow For Maximum Horsepower And Torque
Another key component to the intercooler system is our computer designed intercooler piping. This features a cast aluminum y-pipe offering 40% more flow. The larger 2.5” diameter is significantly wider than stock (1.79”) and is black powder coated to provide lasting durability. The Y pipe is cast, conforming to the tight surroundings of the engine bay and the inner walls of the pipe promote the flow of charged air to the intake with minimal amounts of turbulence.
To further improve airflow, our engineering team went a step further by computer designing precisely molded, custom silicone couplers. These provide perfect fitment and optimized geometry for improved airflow volume and velocity providing a 30+ HP gain and quicker boost response helping you stay ahead of your competition! Perhaps the best feature about this intercooler system is that it maintains cooling efficiency as more power producing upgrades are added to your Porsche 997.2TT! It improves the effectiveness of your other upgrades giving you maximum hp output potential!
- Largest intercoolers on the market
- Offers smooth cast end tank design to reduce turbulence
- Offers optimum fin density for improved cooling
- CAD design achieves perfect fitment and provides the most potential for power
- Carbon fiber intercooler shrouds form a tight seal to maximize cooling efficiency
- Large cast aluminum Y-Pipe and 5-ply silicone couplers to handle more volume and increased boost pressure
- A simple installation without having to perform unsightly modifications
- High quality materials to last the lifetime of your 997.2TT
- Provides a factory fit & finish unmatched in the industry
- 5.5” thick Alpha Intercoolers w/ cast end tanks
- Carbon Fiber Intercooler Shrouds
- High volume cast aluminum Y-Pipe w/ AMS logo
- 5-ply Silicone Couplers
- High quality Stainless Steel Hose Clamps
- All necessary fastening hardware